Hi, I’m Magnus.
I am co-founder of 🚀 WooCommerce (sold to Automattic in 2015) and an 😇 angel investor with Sprettert.
I’m a proud 👨👩👧👧 family man from 🇳🇴 Stavanger. I play a lot of 🏌🏻 golf and like to make cool videos of my 🎣 fly-fishing adventures.
Want to say 👋 hi? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Investor in 🇳🇴 Norwegian Startups
I’m an angel investor with Sprettert, an informal group of investors from Stavanger that invest in early stage startups primarily in Norway.
I’m committed to helping startups with both capital and knowledge from my own entrepreneurial experience with WooCommerce.
Since 2016 I’ve invested 30+ 🇳🇴 Norwegian startups:
Counting Hero / Justify
Proptly / Reprice / Tillit
ClevAir / Futurehome 💰 / Zaptec 💰
Bikefinder / Halodi Robotics (1X)
Assitech 💰 / Elanovations
Graphiq / Vimana Snow
Höylytt 💀 / Flowmotion 💀
I’ve also invested in international startups through these funds:
The Nordic Web Fund (I, II & III)
Alliance Venture Delta Fund
StartupLab Founders Fund IV
Long Ecommerce Ventures II
Co-Founder of 🚀 WooCommerce
In 2007, 🇳🇴 I teamed up with 🇿🇦 Adii and 🇿🇦 Mark to design and build premium WordPress themes. The following year, we founded WooThemes and became a leading supplier of WordPress themes and plugins. 🇳🇴🇿🇦🔥
In 2011, we released our most successful product to date: WooCommerce, an open source eCommerce plugin for WordPress. WooCommerce quickly gained popularity and we saw rapid growth in our user base.
In 2015, we were acquired by 🇺🇸 Automattic, the company behind WordPress.com and others. Founded by Matt Mullenweg in 2006, Automattic is a leader in the WordPress community.
Before being acquired, WooThemes was a distributed team of 🧑💻 55 people all working remotely from over 🌍 16 countries. Today, as part of Automattic, the Woo team has grown to over 200 people. We continue to develop and support WooCommerce, making it one of the fastest growing open source eCommerce platforms in the world.
📝 Latest blog posts
- 🏴 Scotland 2022In April of 2022, I took a trip to Scotland to go fishing for springer salmon on the River Spey. I stayed on the Orton estate near…
- Fishing for Kings in 🇺🇸 AlaskaThis summer, we were finally able to travel back to the Kanektok River in Alaska. Located about 90 minutes by charter flight from Anchorage, the Kanektok is…
- Fishing in 🇳🇴 SuldalslågenThis summer, we had the opportunity to take two trips to Suldal in Norway. Suldal is known for having some of the biggest wild salmon in the…
- Remote Work 👨🏻💻 at WooCommerceAs someone who works remotely at WooCommerce and Automattic, I get a lot of questions about the tools that we use to stay productive and connected. Recently,…
- WooCommerce turns 10 🎉Ten years ago today, WooThemes launched WooCommerce, a plugin that allows WordPress users to easily sell products on their websites. This was a significant development for WooThemes,…
- Automattic raises $288m 💰, WooCommerce growth continues 🚀Earlier this year, Automattic raised $288 million in a funding round that valued the company at $7.5 billion. This impressive valuation was in part due to the…